Saturday, April 10, 2010

Father Lawson Blesses Table

Opponents playing against Josh Lawson (Quarryville, PA) can't believe the luck he's had today. "They let Father Lawson out of the monastery from St. Patrick's Cathedral today", one player joked.

The thinking is you have to say a lot of prayers to be dealt A-A twice, K-K twice, hit 9 sets, and oh by the way, "Quads". Not to mention the multiple more times he would have hit sets if he didn't fold pairs once they didn't hit the flop.

"I've never caught cards like this" says Lawson. He's been playing four years and finished 14th in the 2009 WPT Borgata Poker Open.

Josh the luckbox is sitting on 115,000.

Actually the table commented that because Josh is a good player they're not as upset or jealous.

2 comments:

  1. I was at his table... We were both praying for cards but whomever I was praying to is horrible at poker!

    I went the entire first day with only 4 pairs! I made one str8 the rest I had to steal.

    Wow rough first day! Good luck to my favorite table see you guys on Mon!

    B Dougherty

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only way to find a spiritual awakening is check yourself into Tiger's clinic!

    ReplyDelete