Friday, April 16, 2010

Event 10: Chippy McStacks

Omaha/Stud 8B
$350 + $50

Rivkin's Riveting Play

Good thing he looked twice or Jason Rivkin (Red Bank, NJ) may have missed the winning hand.

Just after the dinner break, Rivkin switched tables with just 15k. He says he misread his hand during the stud round, but eventually realized he had potential for the winner and takes down a 20k pot.

"I thought I had 2-3-6 to start," says Rivkin who's lapping the field with more than 100k. "But I actually had 6-2-6." When a third six shows up on sixth street, Rivkin's in good shape. "I looked again, sometime between 5th and 6th street and knew I had trips."

Rivkin takes down the pot and it's been a steady climb ever since.

The next closest stack appears to be Adel Shakerian (Falls Church, VA) who's at 65k. The Event 6 Omaha H/L Champion is looking for another deep run.

20 players remain with an average stack of 31k, as the top 9 cash.

No comments:

Post a Comment