Monday, April 12, 2010

Event 1: Monster Table

Mark Steinberg - DEALER- Suraj Dalal

Table 17 is leaning towards one side. That's because Suraj Dalal (Bethlehem, PA) has 800,000 and Mark Steinberg (Woodmere, NY) is stacking up 500,000.

The dealer innocently sits between these two giants.

Mark earned most of his chips rivering a flush.

I asked Mark and Suraj about both having two monster stacks at the same table. Mark - "I'll mostly avoid the big stack then try to isolate and decapitate one at a time. Pick the fights you know you can win."

Right after saying this he picked a blind battle with Suraj raising his big blind. Mark's sb flopped two pair with K-4 but Suraj didn't take the bait after suspicious checks.

Suraj - "I'm just waiting for the cards. I'm not effected by the other stacks."

Before I left Steinberg whispered to me, "I'm the bully at this table."

1 comment: